ABOUT ENERGY COUNSELLING
An experienced and accredited professional counsellor offering you a safe and confidential space to find ways to reclaim your passion for life.
LouAnne Lachman - Energy Counselling
I am accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and accredited by the Association for Meridian Therapies. I have over 20 years experience in counselling and psychotherapy, working with people in hospitals, doctor’s surgeries, agencies, prisons and private practice.
I have had a very complex past which has allowed me to live in many different countries and be a part of many different cultures. I love to embrace the multitude of ways that we hold our past and become ourselves. The diversity of my history, as well as my professional training, informs my work. A variety of cultures, ethnicities, sexualities, genders and traumas is welcome in my work and in my life.
I have completed my psychotherapy training over 20 years ago in a buddhist-psychology based psychotherapy in Devon. I have also been trained and practiced as an addiction counsellor for over 10 years. I find that we all have strategies for coping with this world, whether we call them addictions or not. Some of these ways of doing things continue to be useful and some are no longer working for us. Therapy is a great place for being with what is in our lives and discovering what is no longer working, giving respect and understanding for all of our history and all of the ways that have helped us through our past. Then, allowing space for moving on and choosing new paths and acquiring new skills.
- Core Process Psychotherapy, 1991-1995 (http://www.karuna-institute.co.uk/core-process-psychotherapy.html)
- Guided Self Healing, Energy therapies, 1999-2000 (http://www.guidedselfhealing.org)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counsellor, Oregon 2003
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, University of Oregon, 2005
- Counselling Supervision training with Palmoasis, now Oasis-talk, 2012 (http://www.oasis-talk.org/professional-training/supervision-diploma/)
- Association of Meridian Therapies EFT accreditation, 2009
- Matrix Re-imprinting training, 2014
- EFT Level 2, 2013
- EFT Level 3, 2015
- EFT Trainer's training, 2016