I work with the practitioner on their own issues physically and emotionally in relation to the client until they are balanced and able to see the client clearly again. This frees up the work for counsellor and client, making way for new therapeutic change.
I have been practicing psychotherapy and counselling since 1990. I have worked in private practice, in the voluntary sector, in prisons, and in NHS general practitioner surgeries. I started working as a supervisor in 2011.
My own approach is person-centred, Humanistic and psycho-spiritual. My interests have been in working with trauma, attachment, addiction and cancer or long-term illness. I also have a special interest in working with racism and racist trauma. I have been training counsellors in meridian-based therapies since 2002.
I aim to provide a space for you that is empowering and collaborative where we can work together toward your goals in your practice.
Energy Psychology Supervision Group
A place for you to empower each other as peers and have guidance around Energy Psychology practices, deepening practice and confidence in your use of these powerful techniques. Meeting monthly, time TBC for any new group that is forming. Cost £25 per session. This group is an ongoing commitment.
WHAT I OFFER
- A reflective, respectful, congruent presence
- A willingness and ability to offer supportive challenge
- A companion in being with and holding difficult material.
- An resource – using my experience and knowledge, with a willingness to tell you and/or to find out when I don’t know.
- An encouraging presence to support personal and professional development.
- Reflective—to encourage and support trust in your own and your client’s experience and process.
- Consultative presence—to help you monitor your own practice and relationship to clients the your workplace.
Accredited member of both the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), and the Association of Meridian and Energy Therapies (AMT).
Confidentiality: My work as a supervisor is discussed with my own supervisor so I can reflect on my supervisory process. No names are used. If there is a need to liaise with any other resource person, you and I will discuss together how to ensure complete confidentiality.
If you would like to know more, please do contact me and we can discuss your needs in more detail.